Baltimore – Six of the most innovative housing and community development projects in the state received Commitment to Excellence awards Friday and Harkins Builders of Marriottsville, Md. was named Partner of the Year at the 2013 Governor’s Housing Conference.
This also is the first year that realtors were recognized for top performance working with the Maryland Mortgage Program, the state’s flagship homeownership program.
The Governor’s Housing Conference is the largest and most comprehensive affordable housing forum in the state, convening housing advocates, community development leaders, housing authorities, homebuilders, developers, lenders and legislators who come together to discuss solutions and opportunities for affordable homeownership and rental housing in Maryland. The Department of Housing and Community Development has been hosting the conference for 13 years, with the Homebuilders Association of Maryland.
Commitment to Excellence Award Winners
• Rental Housing Excellence – Obery Court; Lillian Jones Apartments
• Special Needs Housing – Linden House
• Homeownership – Break the Barrier to Homeowners by the Affordable Housing Conference of Montgomery County,
• Energy Efficiency and Sustainable Practices – Victory Woods Apartments
• Economic Development – Virginia Ave., a Maryland Maple Street Initiative
• Partner of the Year – Harkins Builders Continue reading